Wednesday, April 27, 2011

He has risen!!!



On Good Friday my family watched the Passion of Christ. It was the 1st time for my son. I had not seen it since it came out in the theater. I cannot express the pain I felt and the heartbreak as I watched Jesus be brutally beaten. I could not hold back the tears. This was a very different response than the 1st time I saw it.  I realized a few things about my walk with the Lord and about the Lord Himself.
I realized that my love for Him has grown- hugely, even as I write this I can’t hold back the tears. This is huge!! It shows progress, my love is growing and evolving. He is showing me that I can trust Him with my emotions. I don’t have to pretend that I don’t feel a certain way or that He can’t handle my emotions or that He will think I am crazy. Psalm 62:8 “Trust in Him at all times you people pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us.” He died so we can have a constant confidant! Isn’t that what we all want?  To know that someone is always there and we can share all of who we are with Him every moment of every day. Try it !! You will be blessed and so will Jesus!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment